Steph over at My Life in Crumbs bestowed this honor upon me! And I am truly honored that she sees my blog as one worth reading.
Now, I am to share seven things about myself before passing the award on to another friend.
- Quite a few years ago, my parents gifted me with a telescope. It’s likely older than I am, but I love it and wouldn’t trade it for even the Hubble Space Telescope! I saw Jupiter and her four largest moons through that telescope on my 18th birthday.
- I read Hamlet for the first time when I was in Jr. High. I found an old paperback copy of it in the attic and fell in love with the writings of Shakespeare. I still think that Hamlet contains one of the greatest love poems in classic literature.
- I love taking walks in the pouring rain with no jacket or umbrella. The harder it’s raining, the more I love it! I’ve yet to be struck by lightning while walking in the rain.
- While reading part of the Christmas story aloud at church when I was MUCH younger, I made the mistake of reading “the House and lineage of David” as “the House and lingerie of David.” My parents were mortified, and I will never live that one down. (Why I am admitting perhaps the most embarrassing blunder of my life in a public forum is beyond me. I’m sure that I’ll regret it later…)
- I like to buy organic and whole-grain items whenever possible. However, I do not by anything low-fat or fat-free. Nor do I do artificial chemical sweeteners in any form.
- When nothing seems right with the world, I bake. When I need to clear my head, I walk over back. When I’m tired, stressed, and just need a quiet moment, I make a cup of tea. When I miss Mom, I write…
- I never really understood the significance of God sending His Son to die for us… until I had a child of my own. That Easter, looking down into the face of my beautiful six-week-old baby girl I realized that while I might offer my own life for the sake of another, I’d never offer hers. That kind of sacrifice, that kind of LOVE, is beyond the grasp of this human mind of mine. I am unworthy of this divine gift that I’ve been given. And I am utterly grateful that God does not love as I do.
“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39
With that done, it is now my turn to nominate a friend’s blog. I thought about it for a bit and decided to nominate Kim over at Asiaramblin. Her blog has been a lovely glimpse into her life in Asia with her husband and their adorable little ones! I hope that you visit it and enjoy it as much as I do!
Once again, a big thank-you to Steph for nominating me. And thanks to everyone who takes time out of their busy days to read my humble ramblings!